Sunday, June 15, 2008

New domain registration (Email btwn Dad & Ladd)

Hmmm, I think those name’s are too long. You can’t just change the name—you’d have to register the new one. Yes, you could have multiple domains go to th same place. Again, private registration just hides your contact info I think, so I guess it’s up to you…I think it might be good for people to be able to contact you in case they wanted to buy the domain. The other fundraiser domain names you mentioned are already taken.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Randall Morgan [mailto:rmorgan@morganstar.com]
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2008 3:02 PM
To: Ladd
Subject: Re: New domain registration

It was available. Maybe we should grab that, too.

I don’t love the names, but they are descriptive.

Anna likes including the word international as in www.fundraisermediainternational.com or maybe www.fundraisermediaint.com. What do you think of those?

Can we change fundraisersmedia.com to fundraisermedia.com—which I like better? I mean without registering an entirely new domain. If we can, would you go ahead and do that. Or should we have both, so somebody doesn’t register the other one and render ours moot? Maybe also www.fundraisingmedia.com.

How important is it to have the private registration designation? If we had all three domains, people who didn’t quite get it right when they typed it in could all end up at the same place.

How about www.fundraising.com, www.fundraiser.com, www.fundraisers.com—doesn’t have the media so people may think we provide candy bars and popcorn at discount prices to scout troops so they can sell them to donors. At the same time, we might branch out into other fundraising activities—events, print, etc.

When you have time would you post these last two emails on the blog and email the group telling them to check it out? We need some good names to choose from? The blog is so cool.

Thanks, Ladd

rmorgan@morganstar.com

oh nice--was fundraisermedia also available?

On 6/13/08, Randall Morgan wrote:

Hi Ladd,

I just registered fundraisersmedia.com with godaddy. This isn't a great name for our new domain but I thought I would reserve it. The attachment has all the registration info.

Thanks.

Love, Dd

No comments: